The Shortfalls Of Diets And Weight Loss Failures
Everyday there are more and more people who are overweight or obese who start a diet. They may or may not achieve some weight loss, but over time, they regain the lost pounds and add a few more. This process of weight loss and weight gain is called the “yo-yo effect” and leaves a person in a state of great frustration. Let alone it is generally understood that yo-yo dieting is extremely unhealthy and wreaks havoc on your metabolism quite heavily. Do not take this lightly; Beware. You must stop the yo-yo dieting. This affects people’s self-esteem and decreases their hopes of finding a real solution to their problem.
According to the experiences of obese people, there are four main reasons why diets fail:
First, overweight people are looking for fast, magical solutions.
They start a diet that gives them great results in the short term and that motivates them more, but they fall right back to old eating habits, as this diet will mean a lot of sacrifice to sustain it over time.
Second, people not only eat because they are hungry, they may also relate their emotional state with food.
If they are bored, happy, sad, etc. these emotions may cause one to overeat. While it is good to find pleasure in food, eating must be separated from negative emotions. It’s good that you consume healthy goodies, but when you’re overwhelmed you concentrate on solving the problem, not the food.
Third, popular diets force people to fast or eat very little food or eat only certain foods without controlling the amount.
This is not a healthy way to lose weight and cannot be sustained over time because it means very difficult sacrifice. A new way of eating to achieve weight loss should include small, acceptable and permanent changes in diet and an active lifestyle that would achieve a gradual, long term loss of weight.
Fourth, starting a diet is often an experience that isolates the individual.
Plan a diet to include healthy foods from all groups, thus avoiding social exclusion of the person performing weight loss treatment.
What constitutes a comprehensive program to achieve weight loss?
Here’s what to look for:
- The diet should focus on slow, steady weight loss rather than overnight solutions.
- The diet should be nutritionally adequate and balanced, including foods from all groups to ensure good health.
- It should emphasize the change in eating habits and lifestyle.
- It should include physical activity properly scheduled as part of healthy weight loss.
- It must provide techniques for stress management, conflict situations and motivation. Develop a positive outlook.
- It should provide support and counseling to learn how to separate emotional eating from hunger.
- The weight loss program should provide support, with a group with people who go through the same situation or by a specialist.
- The weight loss program should not mean a sacrifice for the person, but a process of learning new habits, which should be pleasant and possible to sustain over time.
- The program should ideally be affordable.
- The program should be fun and enjoyable. Professionals who provide counseling should teach in a fun manner.
- Finally, the weight loss program should not alter a person´s mood. You shouldn’t be so deprived that you are irritable, or tired or grumpy.
Imagine yourself that near perfect size you have always dreamed of.
You CAN look more sleek and more sexy.
Those compliments are just waiting for you.
Don’t wait. Call today.