How Does Sleep Influence Your Weight Loss Process?
Sleep is one of the most important things that will help you in your weight loss process. Recent studies have demonstrated that early to bed, early to rise will make you healthier.
In a Trial Study, 2 Groups of Persons were Studied
On average, the late sleepers went to bed at 3:45 a.m., awoke by 10:45 a.m., ate breakfast at noon, lunch at 2:30 p.m., dinner at 8:15 p.m. and had their final meal at 10 p.m.
Normal sleepers, by contrast, were asleep by 12:30 a.m., woke up around 8 a.m., had breakfast by 9 a.m., lunch at 1 p.m., dinner at 7 p.m. and their last snack around 8:30 p.m.
- Interestingly, the late sleepers almost universally had a much unhealthier lifestyle in general than those who kept reasonable hours.
- Those people that are late to rise in the morning are more likely to have meals at any time and in a disorganized manner.
- Their diets are full of more fast food that is higher in fats and calories.
- Another characteristic is those people who go to bed later at night tend to eat greater amounts of food, especially after 8 PM.
- This group was found to be at a higher risk for being overweight and obese.
As a consequence, if you want to lose weight, you should go to bed early.
Besides the diet, being well rested is an important part of the weight loss process. Our circadian rhythm (our internal clocks that are synchronized with the 24-hour light-dark cycle of the earth) cannot be changed, so during the day, our body tends to metabolize foods properly and at night, our metabolism is slower.
Foods that are part of the diet and are consumed after 8.00 PM, can´t be properly digested. Our digestive system, which is connected to our nervous system, cannot work efficiently. When we eat our nervous system is working, so if we are trying to rest, we could not do it very well.
Exactly why this occurs is still open to guesses, but the most common theory is that our bodies know when it is time to be eating, and when it is time to sleep. It is recommended not to consume anything 2 hours before bedtime in order to rest well.
Imagine yourself that near perfect size you have always dreamed of.
You CAN look more sleek and more sexy.
Those compliments are just waiting for you.
Don’t wait. Call today.