- What is Holistic or Naturopathic Medicine?
- What Holistic Medicine Helps?
- Dr Michelle Honda
- Holistic Services at Renew You
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Holistic Case Histories
To some degree, working with Dr. Honda is just like working with other health professionals. There is a longer, more detailed and in-depth initial appointment and shorter follow up appointments subsequently. She will make various recommendations for dietary changes and nutritional supplements where food enhancements are not enough in order to help you with your health concern(s).
Appointments & Fees
- The initial appointment is $155.00 (HST already included) and is generally 1 hour, sometimes a bit longer.
- Follow up appointments are $85.00 (HST already included) and are generally 30 minutes, sometimes a bit longer.
- Any recommendations for supplements and remedies are an additional charge.
- For your initial appointment, we will require a written health history to be filled out. So please come to your initial appointment 15 minutes early.
To book an appointment, call the clinic at (905) 304-0111 or e-mail us.
Typically, assuming a patient is seeking help with only one or two issues, most clients see Dr. Honda on average for 4-5 appointments over 3-4 months. She will try to help remedy your situation as quickly as possible in 2-6 months. Generally, appointments are scheduled on a monthly interval. The exception may be the first follow up appointment after the initial consultation – two weeks later versus four weeks. Various considerations which would necessitate this are as follows;
- There is some degree of time or urgency to gain health improvements. Periodically the client’s situation warrants such attention. Factors that influence this are; pain, instability, desire, motivation and timing of trips or other events.
- There are multiple issues (5-7-10 concerns) that need to be addressed. For example someone has high blood pressure, high cholesterol, IBS, acid reflux, anxiety and thyroid issues. In this example, there are simply too many issues to address in the first appointment.
- The changes someone needs to make may be too great to start all at once, but it is important that they do.
- Understanding what is required of certain recommendations. Periodically someone just needs some more time and attention to apply the recommendations and further understanding of the same”.
Supplements & Remedies
For recommendations Dr. Honda makes, you will be able to pick up some supplements from us as you finish your first appointment. If we do not carry all of the items required, you will be directed to a local health food store. For some specialty products and those which fall under a natural prescription category, you may only be able to acquire them through professional practitioners such as Renew You. Professional guidance may be required.
Making improvements in health and reversing disease generally requires work, sometimes hard work. In working with Dr. Honda, do not expect to only be given 1 or 2 bottles of pills and expect your problems will go away in a week. Notwithstanding, there are times when some people do notice immediate improvement within the first week. While this depends greatly on what conditions you have, how many issues, to what degree of severity, and duration of said problem – weeks to months for reversal of ailment.
The appointments are spent talking and educating you as to how you got the condition and how to turn things around. We find if someone does not understand why, compliance to facilitate change is low. Therefore anticipate a lot of information to be discussed.
Infants, Children & Teens
Working with infants and small children is common – no problem. Bring your “bundle of joy” to the appointments, and Dr. Honda will guide you with solutions.
For teenagers and younger adults; mom – simply accompany your children to and in the appointments. Teens and young adults may have greater difficulty understanding the recommendations and concepts to improving health where you will be the one to make sure they understand it and do what needs to be done.
Dr. Honda is neither a medical doctor, nor a naturopathic doctor. She is a Doctor of Holistic Health Sciences (PhD, D.Sc.). Many refer to her as Natural Health Doctor as her work is Naturopathic in nature. Payment for service is required at the time of each appointment. OHIP & WSIB will not cover her services. Private health benefits may cover you, but it is your responsibility to determine coverage. If you have a “health spending account” in your coverage which gives you flexibility to choose, this generally covers her services. Check with your benefits company. Also check with your accountant for tax purposes and redemption.
Questions & Follow up support
It is not unusual to have questions following an appointment, especially the initial one. It is generally difficult to catch Dr. Honda, so do not call expecting to get her on the phone. She is very busy – always. Your options are as follows;
Options A: E-mail the clinic (CLICK – e-mail us) and structure your list of questions (3-6) so they can be answered by a YES or a NO only. Your questions will be generally answered within 12-24 hours.
Option B: Call the clinic and feed your questions through the secretaries – Rose or Lee. They will get answers to your questions and call you back.
Option C: Accelerate your scheduling of the next follow up appointment.
Our frequently asked questions page is very helpful in considering working with Dr. Honda; Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)>>
Dr. Honda has the ability to help a very wide variety of health concerns. Persons who are particularly drawn to her are; 1) persons who have an incurable problem 2) persons who have a mysterious un-diagnosable problem or 3) persons who have a chronic problem that is not healing itself via other therapies or modalities. In general, persons who are interested in alternative health also like Holistic Medicine.
Renew You Holistic Health offers a FREE 15 minute telephone consultation with a Renew You staff person to assess and discuss your particular situation. We are happy to discuss your concern and health history to see if we can help you.
Renew You Holistic Health
(Serving Hamilton, Burlington, Toronto, Mississauga & Oakville since 2003)
1100 Golf Links Road #B-6
Hamilton Ancaster On L9G 3K9
(Meadowlands Power Centre: next to Golf Town, Covers & Quiznos)
(905) 304-0111 (Call today!)