Potential Causes Of Abdominal Pain
Abdominal pain does not have a single cause. Many diseases can cause acute and chronic abdominal pain as one of the main symptoms.
Abdominal pain diseases most feared by people are;
- Food infections
- Disorders associated with pregnancy
In the presence of abdominal pain doctors will study the cause. The most serious conditions that can be detected by doctors include:
- Rupture of blood vessels with active bleeding in the digestive tract
- Myocardial infarction
- Pancreatic and biliary tract diseases
- Kidney stones
- Other diseases and conditions
Although the pain may become more intense in the abdominal area, it may not be originated in the abdomen. Some diseases that cause abdominal pain can come from other organs which could include:
- Heart attacks (ischemic heart disease, myocardial infarction)
- Some diseases in the pelvis (peritonitis)
- Pneumonia gynecological problems that affect the ovaries or uterus
- Skin rash can trigger abdominal pain as a secondary symptom
- Some poisons such as those from spiders can cause abdominal pain
As we have seen, the abdominal pain may have multiple causes. Some of them may not originate from the abdominal cavity. The doctor will examine the cause of pain to reach an accurate diagnosis. Abdominal pain often relieves itself in a few hours or days. Other times it is necessary to perform a series of studies and begin appropriate treatment.
Long Distance Telephone Appointments
If you are not local to the clinic, Michelle Honda PhD Holistic Doctor can conduct telephone appointments with you very easily. So if you are anywhere in North America, you can now successfully receive high end, specialized help for your Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis. If you are local to the clinic in Hamilton, Toronto or Mississauga Ontario – by all means come in for your appointment. If not, telephone appointments are very popular and convenient.