Effective Solutions for Arthritis
Renew You Holistic Clinic
Hamilton Ancaster Ontario
Can acupuncture be an effective treatment solution for rheumatoid arthritis?
Yes! According to the World Health Organization (WHO), acupuncture has been proved - through controlled trials – to be an effective treatment for rheumatoid arthritis.
Acupuncture for Arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis and Osteoarthritis, also known as degenerative joint disease, is commonly referred to as the wear and tear disease. Forutnately today, there are many safe and effective alternatives to ease the pain and suffering. Acupuncture doctors decrease pain by increasing the release of endorphins (morphine-like chemicals) that block pain especially during times of stress or pain.
How does it work?
Acupuncture is routinely used to relieve pain such as low back, knee, arthritis, sciatica, headaches, tennis elbow, facial and chronic pain where the underlying cause has yet to be discovered. Chinese Medicine considers pain to be a stagnation of energy, blood or body fluids. By inserting very fine needles along the energy pathways called meridians, acupuncture harmonizes and enhances the bodies own natural restorative powers. And, it works well with other alternative healing therapies. People are typically void of exercise which maintains the flow of our bodily fluids and keeps our muscles and joints limber. Acupuncture is very effective for the treatment of arthritic pain and the results are usually felt immediately.
Does the medical community approve of acupuncture?
There are over sixty five hundred licensed acupuncturists in the United States alone, plus three thousand doctors who perform acupuncture as part of their medical practice. Additionally, the (WHO) World Health Organization currenty recognizes more than 40 medical problems, ranging from allergies to AIDS, which can benefitted by acupuncture. Plus the FDA regulates acupuncture needles as medical devices.
A general guide for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis
When applying acupuncture treatment for example, there are main points and secondary points. Because there are different causes for Rheumatoid Arthritis, the following acupuncture points will vary according to the symptom.
- Mainly caused by pathogenic wind: Fengmen (B12), Kanshu (BL 18), Leshu ( BL 17)
- Mainly caused by pathogenic cold: Dazhui (GV 14), Guanyuan (CV 4)
- Mainly caused by pathogenic dampness: Pishu (BL 20), Chungwan (CV 12), Yinlingquan (SP 9)
- Mainly caused by heat transformed by exogenous pathogen: Quchi (LI 11), Hoku (LI 4)
Treatment for Rheumatoid Athritis using acupuncture prevents and cures this condition by stimulating the human body through the role of meridians and acupuncture points. Joints have a complex structure and rely on the surrounding muscles, ligaments, bursa and other structures so that joints are vulnerable to aute and chronic injury due to the invasion of exogenous pathogens. Meridians become blocked by exogenous pathogens resulting in blood stasis which leads to pain. Acupuncture treatment of Rheumatiod arthritis works to expel cold-dampness and promote blood circulation. Once the Qi flow and blood are flowing smoothly, rheumatoid symptoms will disappear accordingly.
Clinical Trials for Rhematoid Arthritis
- A recent study from China shows that both traditional acupuncture and electroacupuncture – a type in which pulsating electrical currents are sent through the needles to stimulate target areas – may reduce tenderness. All 36 participants had a standardized treatment, whether they received traditional acupuncture or electroacupuncture. During a total of 20 sessions throughout a 10-week period, needles were placed at a depth of about 10 to 20 millimeters and left in place for 30 minutes.
- In a German study, 304,674 people with knee osteoarthritis who received 15 sessions of acupuncture combined with their usual medical care had less pain and stiffness, improved function and better quality of life than their counterparts who had routine care alone. The improvements occurred immediately after completing a three-month course of acupuncture and lasted for at least another three months, indicating osteoarthritis is among conditions treated with acupuncture.
Does health insurance cover acupunture?
Many insurance companies will pay for acupuncture treatments. Consult with your provider to determine if your treatment will be covered.
Acupuncture is both a viable and popular alternative to effectively help you with your rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis – without side effects.
Renew You Clinic’s Acupuncture Doctor, Dr Wei Xu, was a Medical Doctor (MD) in China for over 15 years. She has an extraordinary amount of experience with both Chinese medicine and modern medicine which makes her quite a find for those seeking a highly qualified practitioner with loads of both practical and clinical experience.
Acupuncture Can Help These Conditions According To The W.H.O.>>
Low Back Pain>>
Menstrual Cramps (Dysmenorrhoea)>>
Migraines And Headaches>>
Nausea and Vomiting>>
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)>>
Renew You Holistic Health
(Serving Hamilton, Burlington, Toronto, Mississauga & Oakville since 2003)
1100 Golf Links Road #B-6
Hamilton Ancaster On L9G 3K9
(Meadowlands Power Centre: next to Golf Town, Covers & Quiznos)
(905) 304-0111 (Call today!)